Saturday, February 21, 2009

Not very healthy..................

Created by Shawna

......................but sooooo good!!! Carnitas. Mario working at a meat processing place definitely has it's advantages. Yesterday he brought home a big bag of pig fat of which I cut up, taking off all the meat that was still on it, and cooked it down for lard. Then in that lard, after I took out all the little crispy pieces of fat, I cooked the meat. Once the meat was completely cooked through I added about a can or two of Coke, directly to the lard with the meat. Cooked it until the meat was covered with a nice brown glaze. Oh, when I added the meat to the lard I also dumped in a bunch of garlic salt, cuz that's what I do with everything. Serve with warmed corn tortillas and enjoy. Yummy Yummy Yummy.

2 Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

What about Dr. Pepper

Ninny said...

I was wondering if you could come and be my personal chef?